The course workshop “Introduction to the world of perfume” is aimed at individuals who are interested and/or passionate about the world of perfume. The aim of the course is to offer very practical and applicable information to perfume lovers and users or anyone who simply wants to learn some of the useful aspects concerning the world of perfume.
During the course we will talk about the use of perfume and its development in history, the great importance of smell and odors for humans and animals in general, the types of perfumes that exist, the structure of a perfume and its olfactory families and the methods used to produce perfumes. We will also talk about the natural and synthetic components that are used to create a perfume and the difference between a commercial perfume and a niche perfume. In addition we will explain the various techniques used to smell a perfume and how and where one should apply the perfume correctly to the body. Finally, during much of the workshop, we will put into practice the concepts covered.
- Date: 1st June, 2019.
- Schedule: Saturday from 10:00 to 14:00.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Price: 50 €
- Place: Workshop room The Perfumery, Sant Pere Mas Alt 58 (Barcelona)
- Language: ENGLISH
- Limited places.
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 93 002 97 20
- History of Perfume
- The importance of smell and smells for humans and mammals.
- The skin.
- Types of Perfumes.
- The Structure of Perfume.
- Olfactory Families.
- The techniques used to produce the components of a perfume.
- The Natural and Synthetic in the world of perfumes.
- The world of commercial perfumes and the world of Author perfumes.
- Olfactory strategies (methods of smelling and appreciating a perfume).
- Applying a perfume correctly.
- How to choose a perfume for yourself.
Thomas Dennis has been dedicated to the world of signature perfumery for more than 20 years. For many years Thomas worked as the International Director of the Spanish company Ritzy Group. The Ritzy Group was the first company in Spain to import niche perfumes from countries from around the world.
For more than 10 years Thomas was one of the owners of the niche boutique perfumery “The Perfumery” in the Gothic Quarter. In 2018 he opened his new store in the Sant Pere Quarter. The new store offers a display of fragrances in a completely innovative, aesthetically pleasing and, overall olfactory functional manner. The new shop also has a class-room/workshop located in the same establishment where various types of courses and workshops are offered related to the world of perfumes.